TITLE: Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement
The Development & Outreach Coordinator role is responsible for supporting and managing sponsorship and development efforts as well as special events for CCMI. CCMI has a broad base of stakeholders, including volunteers, sponsors and donors, government officials, visiting schools and scientists and the local Cayman Islands community. Working closely with the Director of Advancement, this position focuses project management of development and fundraising efforts to meet annual income goals and raise the profile of CCMI in the community. CCMI engages in several key fundraising events throughout the year and this position works directly with the relevant fundraising committees for these events, ensuring CCMI brand communication and relationship management where possible during these key periods.
Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, the Development & Outreach Coordinator will help create and manage development systems to ensure superb stewardship of sponsor relationships and create and manage a portfolio of key contacts in the Cayman Islands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Development and Sponsorship Efforts
Work with the Director of Advancement to create and managing a portfolio of corporate sponsors on Grand Cayman, including:
- Prospect research to develop and maintain an up-to-date database of Grand Cayman corporate philanthropy contacts, including key contacts, corporate funding priorities, application processes and deadlines
- Work with Director of Advancement to create, implement, and track annual sponsorship plan including cultivation, communications, solicitation, and stewardship activities
- Ensure sponsorship benefits and recognition are delivered and maintained
- Develop a sponsorship media plan to maintain regular contact to cultivate corporate sponsors via press, direct messages, and sponsor’s activities.
Special events management:
- Work with CCMI staff and volunteers on Cayman Island events including the annual Festival of Seas fundraiser including management of schedule, budget, sponsorships, and volunteers for the annual Festival Of Seas fundraiser to meet annual income targets
- Manage logistics, planning, and project management for other CCMI fundraising and cultivation events around the world.
Directly support the Director of Advancement in fundraising and development efforts:
- Tracking and reporting of cultivation and solicitation efforts and performance in donor database
- Prospect research
- Support in creation and distribution of materials and proposals
- Support major donor cultivation events
- Administrative support
• Other duties as required
For up-to-date information on position availability, follow us on Facebook.