Rutgers CCMI Coral Reef Internship in Marine Ecology & Conservation
CCMI and Rutgers University have partnered for nearly 10 years to deliver an amazing opportunity to undertake research at a fully operational field station. Participants will work alongside our research team on collecting field data whilst learning about principles of tropical ecology, sustainability and management, through a workshop series. Students will develop data into a series of group research posters that may be published or presented at a national or international conference.
Dates: Coming soon!
What students will gain from the experience:
- Caribbean fish, coral and algae identification
- Underwater field methods (transects/roving surveys)
- CoralNet software analysis
- Lionfish dissections
- Coral nursery maintenance
- Sea urchin surveys
- Turtle nesting surveys
- Data analysis
- Poster and oral presentation skills
- Working at a research station on a remote island
** Students are eligible to transfer 4 Undergraduate/Graduate Credits **