The Bill Wyman Coral Reef Project
At CCMI, we undertake cutting-edge, impactful research and transform this research into conservation and education initiatives. We’re unlocking the secrets to coral reef resiliency, to protect coral reefs for the future.
Coral Reef Research
The research which is taking place in CCMI’s newly-established Reef Ecology and Evolution Laboratory (REEL) will advance our understanding of how coral reefs and all of the organisms that reside there will not only survive, but thrive, under future environmental conditions.
Upcoming projects include:
1. Understanding how corals adapt on molecular and physiological levels to extreme environments, and
2. Enhancing reef complexity using outplanting techniques to restore key ecosystem functions.
To continue the work which we currently do in research, conservation, education and outreach, we need sustainable, multi-year support. CCMI, as an institution, has a clear 5-year goal, as outlined in our Vision 2025 Campaign. Our strategic goals outline a trajectory for focused, solutions-based research, greater regional and global impact, and expanded/improved facilities to enable all of this.
Want to know more?
- View recent NEWS from CCMI.
- Learn how we’re advancing exceptional women scientists to protect the ocean through our Women in Ocean Science Award.
- Check out our innovative, interactive online education programme, Reefs Go Live.
- Subscribe to our quarterly email newsletter.
- Send us an email inquiry for specific questions.