CCMI seeks to hire innovative, creative, early career scientists who can make great discoveries. Our key strategic goal is to become the premiere research institution in the Caribbean, unlocking the clues to coral reef resilience and bringing relevant science to society. We seek extraordinary employees to help us bring to focus the positive changes that can occur when we reduce human impact on the planet.
Current Positions Available
CCMI seeks to hire a postdoctoral researcher with experience in coral reef ecology, scientific technical diving, and analysis of large data sets to assist with execution of a newly funded project exploring and documenting biodiversity of offshore seamounts in the Cayman Islands. We seek extraordinary employees to help us bring to focus the positive changes that can occur when we reduce human impact on the planet. Through organization, coordination, and execution of various aspects of the research conducted by the REEL group, the postdoc will ensure the highest standard of experimental design, in situ field work, and data acquisition while maintaining a high rate of publication productivity and stakeholder engagement. Full position description HERE.
Position to start: Aug 15, 2022
Term of employment: 2.5 years
Location: Little Cayman Island
Reports to: Research Manager & Research Director
- PhD in Marine Science or related field
- Experience conducting and coordinating underwater field research, experience coordinating liveaboard expeditions preferred
- Minimum dive certification level of Rescue with nitrox, decompression and CCR diver certification preferred
- Certified AAUS scientific diver with experience in open ocean diving
- Strong publication record
- History of successful grant writing
- Experience handling and maintaining scientific samples and equipment
- Experience with grant reporting, budget tracking, and data management
- Excellent data analysis skills, including coding (R preferred)
- Excellent organizational, communication, and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and open to direction in a collaborative working environment
- Willingness to work odd hours when required to deliver a program
- Willing and able to reside full-time on Little Cayman
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Annual salary of US$50,000 + benefits including paid vacation and contributions to health insurance and pension
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and CV as a single PDF, and 2 letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application and letters of reference should include the name of the applicant in the document title, i.e. lastname_application.pdf, lastname_LOR.pdf. Applications submitted before June 15 receive full consideration.