CCMI seeks to hire innovative, creative, early career scientists who can make great discoveries. Please check back regarding additional positions available in the future.
Call for Nominations and Applications for a Distinguished Marine Scientist/ Director of Research
CCMI is seeking a new director to develop and implement a strategy that will establish CCMI as a globally-recognized premier field research institute in the Caribbean. The new director will lead a well-funded research program and establish a vibrant collaborative community working together to incubate new ideas to address contemporary issues facing coral reef ecosystems. Read the full position description HERE.
CCMI seeks to fill a role for the Field Station Assistant Manager to
- Support the Field Station Manager in the delivery of CCMI’s Education & Research programmes & grant deliverables through administrative responsibilities, operational logistical management & planning as well as field work.
- Conduct education, operational and research programme activities under the direction of the departmental coordinator.
Full position details and application instructions are available HERE.
The Central Caribbean Marine Institute will award two prestigious scholarships to Caymanians or those with qualifying residential status, who are college-level students through the Edmund F. and Virginia B. Ball Ocean Science Scholars programme. The Ocean Science Scholar, Marine Education Intern will support all aspects of the education programs at the Little Cayman Research Centre working with students and their attending teachers and chaperones.
- The programme seeks to recruit two Marine Education Interns to work at the Little Cayman Research Centre. The internship is designed to provide invaluable work experience that build skills for students at the entry level of a possible career in education, marine science, tourism, conservation, or related field of study.
- The internship is an opportunity for students who have graduated from high school, who are attending college or who have graduated from college. Only applications from Caymanians or those with qualifying residential status will be accepted.
- The purpose of the programme is to build local capacity among young Caymanian college-level students to become ocean stewards. The programme supports students interested in exploring careers in the marine sciences. Improving local capacity and capability to protect the ocean is at the heart of CCMI’s mission and is the ultimate goal of this programme.
Full position details are available HERE.