World Ocean Day 2021 – Stand Up for Reefs
Join CCMI this month as we Stand Up for Reefs as part of the global World Ocean Day celebrations. There are many ways to get involved, with something for everyone!
- Stand Up for Reefs pledge – Join our supporters in taking the Stand Up for Reefs pledge. Record yourself taking it, then post to social media to spread the word! Tag CCMI to let us know you have joined our efforts!
- Saturday, 5th June, 1:45pm; Camana Bay Cinema – Reefs Go Live: Stand Up for Reefs – this is a live broadcast from underwater in Little Cayman that can be seen at the Camana Bay Cinema or through our YouTube channel feed. The event is FREE; registration is requested due to limited seating for the in-person event: https://donate.reefresearch.org/WOD2021
- Tuesday, 8th June, 5:45pm; National Gallery – Reef Lecture: CCMI Research Update – Dr. Gretchen Goodbody-Gringley will provide an update on the research projects coming out of the Little Cayman Research Centre and release our NEW Healthy Reef Report Card that shows the status of reef in Little Cayman based on the 2020 AGRRA surveys. The event is FREE, registration is requested due to limited seating: https://donate.reefresearch.org/rls_WOD2021
- Stand Up for Reefs podcast – we’re releasing a 6-episode podcast to bring listeners closer to coral reefs and to help instill a sense of care for the precious coral reef ecosystem. This series will include a range of special guests, brought in to discuss some of the big issues facing reefs, as well as how anyone, anywhere, can help protect reefs for the future. Listen to the trailer and subscribe to the Stand Up for Reefs podcast here: https://anchor.fm/ccmi7
- Healthy Reefs Virtual Art Gallery – students at CIFEC created these gorgeous posters to help promote their experience and techniques in fine arts while also supporting CCMI’s Healthy Reefs campaign: https://reefresearch.org/standup4reefs/cifec_2021/
For more information about these and other activity, please visit our Stand Up for Reefs page.